Monday, November 24, 2014

So tired...

Things have been so busy lately that I feel like I'm falling behind on everything, especially updating things here. My little guy turned two last month! I can't believe he's already two! There are days that drag on and I wonder if I'll ever get through them and then in a blink of an eye, days and weeks have passed. I remember being so nervous the first night we were home alone with Jimmy and now he's running around like a little man, talking, trying to make his little sister laugh, he's everything I could have hoped for and he reminds me everyday how blessed we are to have him.

Little Ruby is doing well too. She's been doing an army crawl since she was 6 months old and now two months later she's taking a few strides on all fours and can sit up on her own but doesn't do it very often because she's too busy trying to keep up with her big brother. I can't wait for her to start walking but I know she's going to follow Jimmy everywhere. Fun when he wants to play with her but I know he'll have a hard time with it too. He loves her but is quick to let everyone know when he's had his fill of her and needs his space. Ahh, the joys of siblings. hee hee

Ruby's increasingly harder for me to keep up with but she doesn't wander as much as Jimmy did because she wants to be wherever Jimmy is, so that helps. It's also been great having family with us during the day to help out because things would be very different without them. I always knew the first couple of years with a baby would be tough physically because of my JRA but it will pass and it will be worth it. Do I want a third child like we'd always planned? That's still something I need more time to decide.

I'm finally getting used to my finger being fused and there's no pain but it does get in the way from time to time still. Nothing unexpected though and I don't regret having the surgery. My Arthritis has been doing pretty good with random days of discomfort but mostly days that I saw coming. We took Jimmy to A Day Out with Thomas for his birthday and even though I felt great the whole day, I paid for it that night and the next day. After a day of walking and standing, my right ankle just throbs with pain. It's sharp stabbing pain along with what feels like severe cramping and no matter what I do, I just can seem to escape it. The pain lessens over a day or two but it's enough to keep me off my feet until it goes away completely. I'm still taking Enbrel and Nabumetone and they seem to be enough to get me through a typical day but it might be time to take a closer look at my ankle and try to figure out why it can't keep up with my other joints.

Aside from the everyday pain that comes with JRA, I've been exceptionally tired. I'm sleeping well at night and fall asleep almost as soon as my head hits my pillow but it seems like no matter how much sleep I get, it's just not enough. I visited my doctor thinking maybe my iron was low or I had something going on that I wasn't catching but everything came back normal and my doctor just put it off as lack of sleep. Luckily my husband has been very understanding and after we put Ruby to bed, I go to bed too and my husband stays up a bit longer with Jimmy and then puts him to bed. I've been going straight to sleep without trouble, sleep solid through the night and nine hours later, still wake up tired. I feel like something is off, something is going on that we're not catching but I have no clue what it is. So for now I'm resting when I can, sleeping when I can and hopefully things will get better. Maybe it's is lack of rest, maybe it's too much rest and not enough exercise, I don't know. It's just one of the joys of JRA I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment