Monday, February 6, 2012

Ready to try again...

I have to be the worst blogger ever! So much has happened over the last couple of weeks and I just keep getting so side tracked that I haven't taken the time to sit and write it down.

Back in December my husband and I met with our fertility specialist Dr. Lee and decided we were ready to try another Embryo Transfer. This time it would be a Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) because we already had 11 little snow babies waiting for us from our round of IVF. We all agreed that it would be best to wait until after the holidays and until my hubby and I had settled into our new home a little more before attempting the FET. So now, almost 2 months later, we're ready to go!

We actually started the whole process back on January 23rd...I know, I know...I suck at updates. A box of meds (not quite as big as the last one) was delivered to the house the Saturday before, we saw Dr. Lee for an ultrasound on the 23rd and that's when the fun began. De. Lee assured me that going through an FET would be far easier than IVF and I have to admit it first. I only had to take a couple of pills a day (Baby Aspirin and Dexamethasone) and one shot every 3 days (Estradiol). Basically they were slowly getting my body up to speed so it would be prepared to accept the embryos when the time was right.

Then last Saturday things started getting a little more interesting...crappy really. Things are going well with my uterus...lining is where we want it to cysts like before. But the nights of multiple shots (we've added Progesterone and the occasional hCG) and sore butt cheeks has begun. Some nights I take only one shot, others I take 3! It's become a game of what shot, what pills and what butt cheek? I sat down the other night and typed out a schedule to make things a little more manageable, but it still feels a little overwhelming. And then, just to make things a little more interesting, I ended up with a severe bladder infection! So now I have to add another pill to my list. Luckily Dr. Lee assured us that the new medication is safe to take with everything else that I am on and will not delay the FET. Whew!

So, for now, this Thursday is the official "Let's try this again" Day. We'll find out Wednesday night what time we have to be at the hospital the following day. Dr. Lee will do the transfer sometime Thursday, we'll lay upside down for 10 minutes and then it's two days of bed rest. Dr. Lee has been great in raising our spirits about having to go through all of this again and just keeps reminding us that we were pregnant last time, we just had a bit of bad luck.


  1. I will be sending you all the good vibes I can possibly find on Thursday! Best of luck to you!! ~;o)

  2. Thanks so much! It all happened so fast this time that it hasn't fully sunken in yet. Getting really excited though! :D Going for a massage today to celebrate my mom's birthday and get as much R&R before the big day tomorrow.

  3. P.S. How's your baby belly doing? Hope all is well.